Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[artshow_photo] Re: Mat Colors

 

For sanity sake, just be consistent. For the moment I have black mats and I have white mats. Sometimes the customet wants the other color and I need to swap. They're neutral and decore-wise they can go with anything. Am I selling art? Well it doesn't matter what I think, my customer wants something that accentuates her couch and not my photo but that is another rant :)

On the other hand I've known customers who've matted in either forest green or maroon. He sells quite well. Whatever it is keep it all consistant throughout the booth. It will give your work and booth a common theme which will look more professional. What you do not want to do is buy 50 different colors as you'll have customers thinking they can get any color they want and 'order it online in the color they want' which is the kiss of death. Besides it is cheaper to stick with a color or two and buy matts in bulk in the long run.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Donate to support the ArtShowPhoto Forum at
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm

PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.

If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.

Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com 
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment