Hey, Deb, you are underselling your product here -- if you decide to follow
Maria's suggestion and write a book, I'd pay for a copy!!
You might consider starting with all the free material you've given us in
these emails over the last couple of years -- then you wouldn't be starting
from scratch!
Leah Murray
Photographer & Digital Imaging Artist
.
Digital Visions Imaging
leah@leahmurray.ca www.leahmurray.ca
<http://www.leahmurray.ca/>
.
.
I have had shows that only cost $150 for booth fee, and $20 for a jury fee
where I've walked away with $4,000. I've had shows where I didn't make my
booth fee of $500, much less the booth fee plus my corner upgrade fee of
$100, plus my electric fee of $75. It's a crap shoot. Shows vary in sales
from year to year, just as the crowd numbers will vary.
If you've got the monetary wherewithal to *try* the show you've mentioned
below, I'd say go for it. it's a reasonable booth fee you've quoted, and a
small amount in gas $, relatively speaking - you've got the inventory. Give
it a go. See what you make, and then assess whether or not you'd feel
comfortable doing the show again next year.
You surely won't have sales if you *don't* do the show. Do you have other
avenues to try? Do you have retail shops that carry your work? Are art fairs
your only source of income? Those are all considerations. If you don't need
a hotel stay to manage the show you're talking about in your email below,
that's a really small outlay of dough (again, relatively speaking - if
you're living hand-to-mouth and don't know where the money for groceries is
coming from, then it's a whole different story!).
Just my own thoughts - worth every single penny you are paying me for them
;-)
Light and laughter,
Deb Booth
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm
PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.
If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.
Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com






0 comments:
Post a Comment