Powered by Blogger.
RSS

RE: [artshow_photo] How do I know if a show I am eyeing up is out of my league?

 


I have had shows that only cost $150 for booth fee, and $20 for a jury fee where I've walked away with $4,000. I've had shows where I didn't make my booth fee of $500, much less the booth fee plus my corner upgrade fee of $100, plus my electric fee of $75. It's a crap shoot. Shows vary in sales from year to year, just as the crowd numbers will vary.
If you've got the monetary wherewithal to *try* the show you've mentioned below, I'd say go for it. it's a reasonable booth fee you've quoted, and a small amount in gas $, relatively speaking - you've got the inventory. Give it a go. See what you make, and then assess whether or not you'd feel comfortable doing the show again next year.
You surely won't have sales if you *don't* do the show. Do you have other avenues to try? Do you have retail shops that carry your work? Are art fairs your only source of income? Those are all considerations. If you don't need a hotel stay to manage the show you're talking about in your email below, that's a really small outlay of dough (again, relatively speaking - if you're living hand-to-mouth and don't know where the money for groceries is coming from, then it's a whole different story!).
Just my own thoughts - worth every single penny you are paying me for them ;-)

Light and laughter,
Deb Booth

Different Light Studio - Your World in a Different Light
http://www.differentlightstudio.com
Catch my work on FaceBook: facebook.com/DifferentLightStudioStoreSubscribe to my free newsletter: https://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/subscription.php?username=differentlightstudio&newsletter_id=1410766807

Your world... in a 'Different Light' - 4 Videos on YouTube - Meditation/Relaxation/Calgon-Take-Me-Away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwdEp8m7TPY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iSyQcnbDaY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxQT1wEnePg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwgVL4Hh2MI

To: artshow_photo@yahoogroups.com
From: benjamindehaven@dajdesignsphotography.com
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 19:51:24 +0000
Subject: [artshow_photo] How do I know if a show I am eyeing up is out of my league?

I'm not even sure where to start. But if I am looking at a show that costs $175 booth and $50 in gas and I figure my break even number is $550 how can I tell if it is out of my league. The best show I've ever done was a two day show where my sales were $311. I believe the show I am looking at is in a higher class then the one I did. I currently have about 10k in retail product. There is an estimate of 10,000 people at this show I am looking at and it is solely an art show. How can I keep from barking up the wrong tree and losing a ton of money? Any thoughts oh wise ones?

Benjamin DeHaven

http://www.dajdesignsphotography.com



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Donate to support the ArtShowPhoto Forum at
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm

PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.

If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.

Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com 
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment