For 25 years artists have been measuring a successful show by ten
times the booth fee and it's always been crap. George Marion started
it when he wrote for Sunshine Artist as the Pa reporter. That's where
it came from. I had a friend in the mid 1980's that sold quilts
before the Chinese started importing them. He used to tell George
Marion that he expected to do 100 times his booth fee. That's why I
threw out those numbers.
Dan's method makes much more sense.
Larry
>The booth fee has nothing to do with a good show. The only number that
>means anything is "Net" profit. Your profit after booth fee, travel costs,
>your cost of goods, sales tax collected, credit card fees, local business
>license, parking, tolls, etc. If I do I $50.00 dollar one day local show
>and only make 10x booth fee, that would be a terrible show for me as my
>"Net" profit would only be ~$270.00 to 300.00. But when I do a $700.00
>local show, 5x booth fee is putting me in the range of a "good show" with
>~2,300.00 "Net" profit. Forget about x times booth fee, and calculate
>success like other companies do.
>
>Dan Mohr
******************************
Larry Berman
412-401-8100
Art Show Imaging and Jury Services:
http://BermanGraphics.com
******************************
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm
PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.
If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.
Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com






0 comments:
Post a Comment