Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[artshow_photo] Re: Property ownership issue???

 



--- In artshow_photo@yahoogroups.com, Deb Booth <debs_b_@...> wrote:

> I consider myself a serious photographer, and I regularly donate items and images to groups I support.>

Everybody donates work for one reason or another.

My response was specifically regarding public parks, which have advertising budgets.
I assure you the printers, graphic designers, ad agencies, publications, etc. are not waiving their fees in lieu of karma points.

I personally have done thousands of dollars of business with state and national parks, and have also made thousands of dollars licensing photographs that I took inside public parks.

When I license a park photograph that , let's say, illustrates a magazine article, that particular park ( and to a lesser degree public parks in general) receives thousands of dollars of free advertising, and I make a few hundred dollars. I would argue that it is a win-win situation and not the one-sided affair that Mr. Cochran describes.

Even if you display a framed print and title it "Acadia National Park" you are advertising for that park.

So, if you are serious about profiting from your photography, examine your philanthropy guidelines very carefully.

Alex Demyan

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Donate to support the ArtShowPhoto Forum at
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm

PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.

If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.

Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com 
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment