Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Re: Selling Stock Photography Re: Request for Raw File

 

Thanks, Fred.
 
Gerry B.

From: Fred
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:34 PM
Subject: Selling Stock Photography Re: Request for Raw File

 



Hello Gerry,

My two cents: work it out. A TIFF should be fine but it's extremely unlikely that they would steal your image in this manner so I would consider providing a RAW file for the right price. A simple agreement that they accept any and all liabilities for their non-exlusive use should suffice, in my opinion. With agreements like those I always like to keep it simple and in writing.

Just remember that you are already exposing your images via the micro site and in this case, you are dealing with a buyer that is much less anonymous than usual, so don't be afraid of making the deal.

Fred Voetsch

Group Moderator - Selling Stock Photography
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/selling_stock_photography/

Owner - Acclaim Images, LLC
http://www.acclaimimages.com/

--- In selling_stock_photography@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry Boughan" <merkuri2@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all;
>
> Today I received a request from a representative of one of the microstock websites that market my images which asked verbatim: "We recently received an inquiry from a customer who would like to download your image (ID #........) but for a large print of 20' x 7'. Would you be able to provide us with the raw file for this image?" I replied with a few questions/concerns: 1) The raw file contains logos on buildings and am concerned about my liability in its' usage. 2) Noise in the sky of raw file...... 3) What is the agreement as to restriction of use of the file, future, etc.? 4) What is my commission?
>
> What are your experienced thoughts as to this requests and my compliance, liability, etc.? I would appreciate your comments and thoughts. Thank you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gerry B.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment