Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Re: Selling Stock Photography What is art?

 

As a photographer I feel my work is pure art....I don't point and shot people at parties.....all the effort in pre-shoot composition and post editing takes time tallent, which i consider a true art form. I just find it frustrating when the 'avereage Joe' skims through my work with no apperrant appriciation of the time and effort that goes into the final product.
 
Every time someone tells me how sharp my photos are, I assume that it isn't a very interesting photograph.  If it were, they would have more to say.  ~Author Unknown

 


--- On Fri, 1/20/12, angiephotographer <angieknostphoto@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: angiephotographer <angieknostphoto@hotmail.com>
Subject: Selling Stock Photography What is art?
To: selling_stock_photography@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, January 20, 2012, 7:14 PM

 
This talk about what is art and what isn't reminds me of a kind of off topic story I will share...

I did one art show in my life. Didn't sell anything. The photos I presented were mainly of rock musicians performing or 'rocker lifestyle' type of subjects.

The exhibitor next to me was presenting his black and white, out of focus pictures of women bound, gagged and tied up. He looked over and sneered at me, and I heard him comment out loud to someone, while clearly looking my way, that "Some of this crap here isn't even art"....

Make what you will of that story. Carry on....

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment