Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Selling Stock Photography Re: Acclaim/Pinterest

 

We've sent out over 2500 DMCA notices to Pinterest and Tumblr since last July and not one single 'Pin' has translated into a sale for me or any photographer I personally know,and I know hundreds

However,I register my copyrights and we go after all infringers.

It's stealing.Period. Only the copyright holder can dictate where and when their images appear. Let your images fly all over the web,soon they will be orphans,worth nothing because you can never sell them as 'rights managed' and tell a client they have not run anywhere. Part of my job as a business of photography is to keep as accurate records as possible on sales history of my images.With over 300,000 in my two libraries I own it's a lot of work but after 30+ years,I still get to do what I love every day without having to work at a regular job.

I have some images shot in the 70s and 80s I've made more than $75,000 with and are still selling.No one is going to profit from my hard work.Period.

Legally you can't even go into Kinko;s and make a scan from a magazine or a book!

One of our lawyers has recently collected $25,000 for us on an infringement...
Linda

--- In selling_stock_photography@yahoogroups.com, "Avril Jones" <aj@...> wrote:
>
> Dale, you can't blame Pinterest for the fact that it can be used by unscrupulous thieves. Pinterest tries to do the right thing by pinning a full link back to the original image. That was all I was saying about Pinterest.
>
> As for right clicking, you can do that with any image, anywhere on the web, so long as it's displayed as a standalone image. I hope nobody thinks that disabling right-click protects their images for more than three seconds. That being how long it takes to disable JavaScript, which in turn enables right clicking.
>
>
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment