Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Re: [MyOlympus] Re: HDR using E510 + 1442mm lens

 

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Brian <bmiller025@msn.com> wrote:

>
>
> I just keep asking myself, why did he want to use HDR here?
>
> HDR is often used on cars to bring out reflections of the world around them
(clouds, sun, grass, ground, etc). These are elements that are outside of
the normal dynamic range of the camera (they are usually a few stops below
or above the properly metered image). I believe that's what he was wanting,
but as you said, it looks overdone in many respects; this is partially due
to not enough exposures, and it's partially due to generic settings in
Photomatix.

I think he was looking at this effect:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kingarthur10/4861798218/

Now, that's a handheld 3 bracket exposure which took some extra processing
beyond photomatix, and it's still not what I would have liked should I have
had my tripod at the ready.

Arthur

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment