Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[artshow_photo] Facebook pictures issues

 

Facebook has recently been implementing a "download in high resolution" option for pictures. At one point I understood that if you didn't upload a "high resolution" picture, the high resolution download wasn't available. But last week when I uploaded a picture (I use my Facebook page to tease collectors on upcoming new photos)that I though was sufficiently low resolution (about 900px by 250px)I got the "download in high resolution" option automatically applied. Incidentally, picture uploaded two days previously did not have that option. I think they were roughly 400px by 300px -- maybe that's my answer?

I have been searching high and low (no pun intended) for the forum discussion where I initially read about this (I thought it was connected to Facebook help)but I can't find it -- I'm trapped in an endless Facebook loop that only says "oh goody you can now upload in high resolution for better pictures" or something to that effect.

Can anyone offer any help on where to find such a discussion and/or something on what Facebook considers sufficient low res not to matter?

Please, no comments about the dangers of posting on Facebook. I'm aware of them, assume a certain amount of risk and am trying to minimize it.

Margaret

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Donate to support the ArtShowPhoto Forum at
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm

PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.

If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.

Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com 
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment