Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Re: [artshow_photo] Facebook pictures issues

I believe that if you post your photo at 72 dpi (just like you would on your
website) then it will not be "printable quality" & thus not be printable for
someone on Facebook. I would not think that any Facebook mechanisms could
change the fact that you uploaded an image that you resized to only 72 dpi.
For a printable image you would want your image to be 240 - 300 dpi.

Hope that helps or perhaps someone else would say that this somehow is
different with Facebook uploads.

Joan

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Margaret
<margaret@margaretwrightphoto.com>wrote:

>
>
> Facebook has recently been implementing a "download in high resolution"
> option for pictures. At one point I understood that if you didn't upload a
> "high resolution" picture, the high resolution download wasn't available.
> But last week when I uploaded a picture (I use my Facebook page to tease
> collectors on upcoming new photos)that I though was sufficiently low
> resolution (about 900px by 250px)I got the "download in high resolution"
> option automatically applied. Incidentally, picture uploaded two days
> previously did not have that option. I think they were roughly 400px by
> 300px -- maybe that's my answer?
>
> I have been searching high and low (no pun intended) for the forum
> discussion where I initially read about this (I thought it was connected to
> Facebook help)but I can't find it -- I'm trapped in an endless Facebook loop
> that only says "oh goody you can now upload in high resolution for better
> pictures" or something to that effect.
>
> Can anyone offer any help on where to find such a discussion and/or
> something on what Facebook considers sufficient low res not to matter?
>
> Please, no comments about the dangers of posting on Facebook. I'm aware of
> them, assume a certain amount of risk and am trying to minimize it.
>
> Margaret
>
>
>

--
Joan E Herwig
www.joan-e-photography.com


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Donate to support the ArtShowPhoto Forum at
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm

PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.

If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.

Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/artshow_photo/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/artshow_photo/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
artshow_photo-digest@yahoogroups.com
artshow_photo-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
artshow_photo-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment