Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Re: [artshow_photo] Dry Mounting Canvas

 

Best stuff out there:
http://raphaelstoday.com/miraclemuck.aspx

--- On Sat, 2/12/11, Josh Trefethen <joshtrefethen@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Josh Trefethen <joshtrefethen@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [artshow_photo] Dry Mounting Canvas
To: artshow_photo@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 11:49 AM

 

Not sure if it is technically dry mounting (since it uses a liquid adhesive
or bonding agent) however, I use Glamour II from Breathing Color to both
coat the print and adhere the canvas to Gatorboard. Holds up well.

Hope that helps!

-
Josh Trefethen
http://JoshTrefethen.com <http://joshtrefethen.com/>
http://Facebook.com/JoshTrefethenPhotography<http://facebook.com/JoshTrefethenPhotography>

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 8:44 AM, dhrlimited <dave@daveswebplace.net> wrote:

> I am looking for a good solution for dry mounting canvas prints to a
> backing. Usually I use foam board for the backing, but may switch to
> gatorboard. I'd been using 3M Photo Mount, but that doesn't seem to hold my
> larger prints over time.
>
> I'd prefer a spray type of glue, acid free of course, but any good
> solutions would be appreciated. I'm also considering sheets of mounting
> material, but don't know which works best.
>
> Thanks for any advice you can give me in this area,
>
> Dave
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Donate to support the ArtShowPhoto Forum at
> http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm
>
> PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
> Repeat or create accurate subject lines.
>
> If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography,
> either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum
> owner for permission.
>
> Resource web site at
> http://ArtShowPhoto.com
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Donate to support the ArtShowPhoto Forum at
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm

PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.

If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.

Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com 
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment