1. How many copies of each picture do bring to a show? In how many different sizes?
I display 24x30 GWs on the front-facing (back) wall of my booth. They are the attention-getters that
bring people in my booth. I rarely take smaller GWs of the same image unless (as sometimes happens)
I know there is a particular demand for one.
I hang 16/18x24s on the side walls.
2. Are customers generally okay with buying an image that one has run out of and then sending it to them after you get back home?
If I sell a GW, I always ask "are you heading to your car?" If YES, then I give it to them on the spot. If NO, I offer to hold it for them. I'll
put a SOLD sign on the price tag and leave it on the wall. It is amazing how often someone else will want to place an order for something
with a SOLD tag on it. (Note: I will never put a SOLD tag on something that isn't, in fact, sold...just in case you're wondering if that's a
good sales strategy. [Don't think it hasn't been done.])
If your question is really: "Can you take orders for Gallery Wraps?" Sure, I do it all the time. That usually happens if a customer lives
out of state, or if they want a different size than the one I'm displaying.
Transport
3. How do you all wrap/prepare your GWs for transport? We found (http://www.framedestination.com/frame.aspx?id=gallery_art_frame_bubble_wrap_video and http://www.uline.com/BL_854/Uline-Foam-Pouches and we are thinking of using them to wrap each gallery wraps.
These are good sources you've cited. You can also buy rolls of aluminum insulation and make your own bags for much less money (check your local big-box home supply retailer). You'll need
a roll of aluminum tape to tape the bags together.
Hope this helps,
Geoff
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm
PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.
If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.
Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com






0 comments:
Post a Comment