Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[artshow_photo] Editorial use of photographs containing trademarked subjects

 

The subject of editorial use of photographs containing trademarked subjects has
been discussed on this list before and I thought some members of this group
might be interested in a particular case of this that I just heard about.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2011/05/nyse_tries_to_body_slam_tpm.php

I am certainly not an attorney but my understanding of this subject is that NYSE
does not have a case here, assuming that the photographer who took the
photograph had the proper authority to take (and sell) the photograph in
question and that TMP appropriately licensed their use of the image.

Paul "Sparrow Hawk" Biron
---
Sparrow Hawk Photography
Wildlife and Scenic Photography
http://photo.sparrow-hawk.org
http://www.facebook.com/SparrowHawkPhotography

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Donate to support the ArtShowPhoto Forum at
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm

PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.

If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.

Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com 
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment