Powered by Blogger.
RSS

RE: [artshow_photo] Canvas Printing

Hey, Tom - I'll just tell you my experience... the best-selling canvasses I have are 30x40 inches. anything smaller seems to just... get lost in the shuffle. The 30x40s draw folks in from a block away, because I choose mainly floral macros for my canvas wraps... so to see a 1" bloom turned into "over the living room couch" size is eye-catching. I do offer a pretty unique view of the Blue Ridge mountains, too, so it's not "just" macro work, but you get my drift. For my money, and experience, bigger (to a degree) is better than smaller. If y go much bigger than 30x40, the shipping (and trouble transporting them to the shows) grows exponentially.

I've not printed nor stretched my own canvas ever, so take this from where it's coming from - someone with a bit of limited experience with your query ;-)

Light and laughter,
Deb Booth

Different Light Studio - Your World in a Different Light
http://www.differentlightstudio.com
Catch my work on FaceBook: facebook.com/DifferentLightStudioStoreSubscribe to my free newsletter: https://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/subscription.php?username=differentlightstudio&newsletter_id=1410766807

Your world... in a 'Different Light' - 4 Videos on YouTube - Meditation/Relaxation/Calgon-Take-Me-Away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwdEp8m7TPY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iSyQcnbDaY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxQT1wEnePg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwgVL4Hh2MI

To: artshow_photo@yahoogroups.com
From: tom@tomgatlinphoto.com
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 16:39:05 +0000
Subject: [artshow_photo] Canvas Printing






I have a couple of images that I think might work well as canvas prints. I have a show coming up in the Fall that requires I make my own prints. The largest print I can make in-house is 17x22 with the Epson 3880. After the 4" for the wrap, the largest piece I can produce is 13x18. Is this too small for an impressive canvas wrap? Subjects are basically landscapes. Anybody using the 3880 for canvas?

Thanks,

Tom Gatlin




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Donate to support the ArtShowPhoto Forum at
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm

PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.

If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.

Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/artshow_photo/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/artshow_photo/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
artshow_photo-digest@yahoogroups.com
artshow_photo-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
artshow_photo-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment