Powered by Blogger.
RSS

RE: [artshow_photo] How do I know if a show I am eyeing up is out of my league?

 


Maria, thanks so much - that's high praise, coming from someone I admire, and whose book I've read! I appreciate the kind words, as well as the addendum - with which I agree wholeheartedly.
Um... what's "bee-hopping"? Like where a bee goes from flower to flower, seeing ever-sweeter nectar?

Light and laughter,
Deb Booth

Different Light Studio - Your World in a Different Light
http://www.differentlightstudio.com
Catch my work on FaceBook: facebook.com/DifferentLightStudioStoreSubscribe to my free newsletter: https://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/subscription.php?username=differentlightstudio&newsletter_id=1410766807

Your world... in a 'Different Light' - 4 Videos on YouTube - Meditation/Relaxation/Calgon-Take-Me-Away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwdEp8m7TPY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iSyQcnbDaY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxQT1wEnePg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwgVL4Hh2MI

To: artshow_photo@yahoogroups.com
From: 1000woodcuts@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 13:40:00 -0700
Subject: RE: [artshow_photo] How do I know if a show I am eyeing up is out of my league?

Deb, You should write a book

:-)

Seriously though, absolutely agree. Everyone has a different experience at

any given show on any given year. The main "problem" with asking/giving

advice about art festivals is that the experience is so unique to the

individual.

And to Deb's wise words I would add that if a show attracts you and it's

close and all the criteria you have for choosing shows is "right" then give

the show at least two years before giving up on it. First time shows are a

crap shoot with notable exceptions. Working a show year after year yields

better results than bee-hoping every show in the world.

And that's my .02c

Maria

[=o=]<>[=o=]<>[=o=]<>[=o=]

www.1000woodcuts.com

www.artfestivalguide.info



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Donate to support the ArtShowPhoto Forum at
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm

PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.

If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.

Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com 
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment