Yep, that's it!!! "bee-hopping" from festival to festival ever searching for
"THAT" show.
I have met artists that say that they never do the same show twice. I ALWAYS
do the same show twice.at least. But then again, I carefully choose my shows
according to a criteria that I've developed over years of figuring out what
type of show works for me. That could be vastly different from anyone else's
criteria. And I work my shows stubbornly (mail lists, announcements, rewards
to regular customers, etc.).
And frankly, after all these years of doing shows, I just do the ones I
"like" even if that means giving up a little income. I'm just getting too
old to put up with stuff I don't want to put up with. That too goes along
what you said about whether you absolutely need a show every weekend to make
a living or not. Well, something about groceries anyway ;-)
Maria
[=o=]<>[=o=]<>[=o=]<>[=o=]
www.1000woodcuts.com
www.artfestivalguide.info
[=o=]<>[=o=]<>[=o=]<>[=o=]
Maria, thanks so much - that's high praise, coming from someone I admire,
and whose book I've read! I appreciate the kind words, as well as the
addendum - with which I agree wholeheartedly.
Um... what's "bee-hopping"? Like where a bee goes from flower to flower,
seeing ever-sweeter nectar?
Light and laughter,
Deb Booth
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm
PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.
If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.
Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com






0 comments:
Post a Comment