Well of course NET profit is the bottom line but if I'm in a $50 show I can not
think of spending $300 on "extras".
Typically my "other " fees are always in the same range so booth fee is the one
constant people fixate on.
Rod
Melotte Photo Imagery
Photography With an Edge
________________________________
From: Dan Mohr <danmohr_rv@yahoo.com>
To: artshow_photo@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, May 23, 2011 5:01:04 PM
Subject: RE: [artshow_photo] Re: What constitutes a good show?
The booth fee has nothing to do with a good show. The only number that
means anything is "Net" profit. Your profit after booth fee, travel costs,
your cost of goods, sales tax collected, credit card fees, local business
license, parking, tolls, etc. If I do I $50.00 dollar one day local show
and only make 10x booth fee, that would be a terrible show for me as my
"Net" profit would only be ~$270.00 to 300.00. But when I do a $700.00
local show, 5x booth fee is putting me in the range of a "good show" with
~2,300.00 "Net" profit. Forget about x times booth fee, and calculate
success like other companies do.
Dan Mohr
From: artshow_photo@yahoogroups.com [mailto:artshow_photo@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Larry Berman
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 5:46 PM
To: artshow_photo@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [artshow_photo] Re: What constitutes a good show?
Some say ten times the booth fee. Some say 100 times the booth fee.
Probably somewhere in between but closer to ten times.
Larry
>Seems that I would have to do at least 2x's whatever it cost me to
>be in the show (Registration fees, gas etc) in order to call it a good
show.
******************************
Larry Berman
412-401-8100
Art Show Imaging and Jury Services:
http://BermanGraphics.com
******************************
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm
PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.
If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.
Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com






0 comments:
Post a Comment