I have just received my square and saw something about $1000.00 "retainer"
I did write and didn't hear anything from Square about how that works.
Would someone have any experience / info about how long it takes for the funds
to be deposited?
Do they hold the first $1000.00 for a period of time?
Thanks
________________________________
From: Gene Lugo <gene51@optonline.net>
To: artshow_photo@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, May 24, 2011 3:48:41 PM
Subject: RE: [artshow_photo] Verifone vs The Square
Everyone wins - Square gets market share, customers get an improved product,
and verifone gets a chance to step up to the plate and do something really
unique - don't you love a little competition?
Anyway, hardware tech aside - I think the original question was about apps.
This is the best POS/Inventory/Barcode reading/Sales Order/Purchase
Order/Expenses/P&L system I have come across for the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
platform
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ring-it-up-pro/id293175359?mt=8
It connects seamlessly to http://www.phonetransact.com/
And it uses this reader -
http://www.idtechproducts.com/products/swipe-readerwriters/105.html for the
small devices
Or this one -
http://www.merchantequipment.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MIS-UNIMAG
for all devices including iPads
It is very common to look at the cool hardware and forget about the thing
you are trying to do - which is to create an itemized invoice, record a
sale, take money with the minimum of hassle. Being able to do a 5 different
item sale, get customer contact information, take a credit card, check or
cash, and email that invoice to the customer in under 90 secs is way beyond
cool. Frees you up to do more sales faster than any other system I've seen.
If you need to you can assign multiple pricing levels in the event you sell
large quantity, or you can apply a discount by item or to the entire invoice
- it does the calc and applies tax automatically.
When I get home, or at any point during the fair, I can check inventory
backup my data to dropbox, and if I enter my expenses I can get an instant
read on my profit. No guesswork for totally accurate reporting.
In the event that you don't have connectivity, you can still use this system
to record sales, and you can mail an invoice - or if you really need to
generate something onsite, you can always purchase a mobile battery operated
printer.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm
PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.
If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.
Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com






0 comments:
Post a Comment