Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Re: Selling Stock Photography Stockpiling trouble: How the stock industry ate itself?

 

Brian,

I've been able to adapt just slowing down the process is painful....

When my assignments started fading this year I went out and created my own. I photographed Hotels and Resorts then called them up and sold the images back as stock. The same goes with restaurants and boutiques. Funny thing is if you call them to bid on the job you have a slim chance of getting it but show them the results and it usually ends with a big sale. Don't get me wrong....I am a happy camper, it's just having to devote more time to the business side and less to the creative....I'd rather be out photographing....
 
David

http://zanzinger.photoshelter.com/
Blog: http://d-zanzinger.blogspot.com/

From: Brian Yarvin <brian@brianyarvin.com>
To: selling_stock_photography@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: Selling Stock Photography Stockpiling trouble: How the stock industry ate itself?

 
> Brian you are right on...

Dave:

Thank you. I have no real advice or counsel for you, just a few words of
encouragement. I'll remind you though that it's always possible to find reasons to
not act.

The idea of having fifty thousand images though...I can't imagine how that feels.

Surely they must be a sort of motivation in themselves right?

Brian Yarvin
Author, Educator, Photographer
http://www.brianyarvin.com



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment