Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[artshow_photo] printing on clear film mounting on tile

 

Hello,

The weird things I have in my studio. I've just added a Wet Tile Saw next to
my table saw. I'll be using it to cut 24"x24" ceramic tile down to 12x14 or
18x24 or whatever size I need to mount my images.

The question about printing on film is easy. I print on overhead
transparency film and I'm experimenting with other clear films like saran
wrap. For that I use Golden Digital Medium, which I also use to coat metal
foil so I can print on it. I'm also experimenting with image transfers.

The prints is then mounted onto ceramic tiles, which is a bit of a challenge
after being sprayed with a acrylic UV spray. I've gone through quite a few
types of adhesives and right know a multipurpose spray adhesive seems to
work well, then I use an acrylic varnish for rigid surfaces; about 4-6
coats.

I'm still trying out different adhesives for the mounting to the tile. I'm
looking for something where I do not need to wear a Darth Vader Breath Mask
or hold my breath outside and then run back into the studio[?] I'm having
some fun and they sell well for between $35 & $75 depending on the image
size of the tiles. Getting them to hang on the wall wasn't that hard after I
learned which industrial adhesive to use and to use OSB in stead of plywood
for the backing.

They heavy when you get into the tiles that are lager than 12", so hanging
them on Pro Panels require the over the top hooks for heavy work or on a
table with small easels.

These are not the same as putting a image on transfer film and putting the
tile in a Tee shirt press and using heat to transfer the image.
--
Sálongo Lee
Sálongo's Art, LLC
http://salongosart.com
Natchez Studio: 601.620.0569
SF Bay Area: 510.863.4ART

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Donate to support the ArtShowPhoto Forum at
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm

PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.

If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.

Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com 
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment