Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Re: Selling Stock Photography Fw: splash photography technique

 

I'm a young 65. A guy could "Kodak" a moving horse with a view camera but for stop action motor sport shooting when vehicles are going well over 100 mph I need a little more technology. When I'm getting paid the client will not except excuses. I had would use 2 cameras each with 36 frames. Ya know the old saying, if ya throw enough stuff on the wall some of it will stick :-)


On 2/22/2012 10:23 PM, RK wrote:

 

Feels like you are a very young man Smitty :-)

Try changing 36 glass plates in one minute :-)

If you wanted really good photos, that is what you had to use.

On 23-Feb-2012 12:10 PM, Denny "Smitty' Schmidt wrote:

 

I had auto winders on my film cameras. I could rip off 36 shots in less than a minute :-)
smitty


On 2/13/2012 10:45 PM, RK wrote:

 

Interesting video. Makes me remember the  "old days" when we did not have the "push the button" "rapid fire" fully automatic cameras. We simply had to learn to choose the right film, to hit the trigger in exactly the right spit second to with one picture catch the motion, and we became quite good.

When I took photos of a rider and horse flying over a jump in a competition, and you had to take it exactly when the front hooves were right over the bar, plus minus five inches, you only had once chance in a lifetime to get just that photo, and you nearly always did it.

Now we can set up the camera, and ask a 5 year old or a "monkey" to take the picture, with the same result.

This is why photography has degenerated as it has, and why we have to find new ways of making a living with photography.

Just my 5c views.


On 13-Feb-2012 10:25 AM, Doni wrote:

 

Dear all,
 
We Highly recommend this resource to any photographer who needs to master splash photography technique
 
regards
 


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment