Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Re: [artshow_photo] Re: Canvas Printing

 

I can tell you have not been serious about printing, it is a deep and arcane
art and not about pressing the print button and hoping for the best. To do
it well you need a completely color managed workflow. And you need to have a
good understanding of inks and paper (of which there are scores of types).

It is not beyond the ability of photographers to do, but it does take some
effort and knowledge. I suggest starting with "From camera to print", that
will give you a good basic understanding:

<http://luminous-landscape.com/videos/camera-print.shtml>

Ansel Adams by the way spent entire days perfecting the printing plan for a
single print and then he did have a detailed set of instructions for a
technician to follow.

BK

"It is no profit to have learned well, if you neglect to do well."
--*Publilius Syrus*

J Bryan Krämer North Florida, USA
photos at: http://pbase.com/photoburner
blog at: http://www.photoburner.net

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:47, judy_nicholls_texas <
judy_nicholls@verizon.net> wrote:

> I'm starting to do some of my own printing, but I still think this is
> silly. In the days of film, the darkroom was the processing. Today, we do
> that processing on computers and what we want of the printers is that they
> duplicate as much as possible what we see on our monitors. That is not art.
> Craft, maybe.
>
> Is the issue that adjustments can be made at the point of printing? I
> forget about that because I always tell them no adjustments, thank you very
> much... Now that I think of it, I've also read about photographers who hire
> others to do the post processing. I've forgotten who now, seems to me a
> rather well advertised photographer -- anyone know? My guess is wedding
> photographers might, but I think it was not the case in what I remember.
>
> "Even Ansel Adams" didn't do his own printing after he set things up for
> the darkroom. Well, with our computers, we have set things up already.
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Donate to support the ArtShowPhoto Forum at
http://artshowphoto.com/support.htm

PLEASE READ....PLEASE TRIM POSTS!!! Keep quoted material short.
Repeat or create accurate subject lines.

If you want to advertise services related to art shows or photography, either in a forum post or on the resource web site, please contact the forum owner for permission.

Resource web site at
http://ArtShowPhoto.com 
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment